Wednesday 28 April 2010

THE COOLEST LIVING CHARACTER ACTOR

This interview is the best I've read in quite a while. Danny Trejo has been one of my favorite character actors for some time: by 1995 when he showed up (awesomely) in Desperado and (equally awesome) in Heat, I had been seeing him in stuff for so long that I started making a point to remember "Okay, that Mexican guy with the tattoos who could fuck up God, ok, Danny Trejo."

So check out that interview. We learn all kinds of shit in it, to wit:

(1) Danny Trejo really does say "hey, hippie, what kind of dude are you?" in The Hidden. He really does. This makes me so fucking happy you don't know.

(2) Nathan Rabin would make a pretty good armed robber.

(3) Danny Trejo knows this because he was an armed robbery consultant (coolest job ever? up there) on a couple movies, including Heat.

(4) Chuck Norris dresses up as Danny Trejo for Halloween.


Enjoy! Be back with more substantive verbiage soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment