Wednesday 22 June 2011

YET MORE SELF-PROMOTION (OR, THE THIRD WORD IN MOVIES BY BOWES WILL ALWAYS BE THE MOST IMPORTANT)


Sup byetches. As of today, every Wednesday I'm going to have a column up at my old buddy Dan Hudak's excellent movie site Hudak on Hollywood. Back at Bard (before the ubiquity of the Internet; yeah, we some old mahfuggas) Dan and I used to play the Six Degrees game (which, contrary to popular opinion, you can play without Kevin Bacon; my mom's fond of a variation where you have to use Bart the Bear from The Edge and Legends of the Fall, among others) and more than a few times, we came up with linkages so obscure that we'd actually attract an audience hoping to watch our brains explode as we tried to solve them. Yeah, I know, life before the Internet was a quaint place. But here's to the continuance of an excellent partnership in movie geekery.

My first post over there is a slightly edited reprint of my post from a while back about how much I hate the term "chick flick." Future Wednesdays (or whichever day it might be should it change) may feature new material, in my own inimitable style. So be sure to check in over there every day, and like his site on Facebook and follow Dan on Twitter and all that good stuff. (And follow me, for fuck's sake).

That's all for now. I'm a little busy futzing around with a movie script I want to try and shoot, that I'll be talking your ear off about in the coming weeks/months, but many good posts with lots of cursing and addled brilliance are on their way at this fine establishment. Happy summer, Northern Hemisphere!

No comments:

Post a Comment